Draft Wild Fallow Deer Management Plan - have your say
03 Nov 2021
The draft Wild Fallow Deer Management Plan has been released for public comment. The draft Plan is an important step in developing a 5-year plan for the management of wild fallow deer in the State of Tasmania and intends to ensure the impact of wild fallow deer on agricultural production, conservation areas and forestry are balanced with maintaining deer as a traditional hunting resource.
The draft plan aims:
- to minimise the wild fallow deer population in areas with significant natural values
- to address the agricultural, commercial, environmental and public safety impacts associated with the growth and increased distribution of deer populations in Tasmania
- to recognise that deer are an important recreational hunting resource.
You can provide feedback on the draft plan:
- by email to DeerManagmentPlan@dpipwe.tas.gov.au
- by phoning FarmPoint on 1300 292 292
- in person at a community forum (details to be provided soon)
Feeback must be received by 5pm on 3 December 2021.
Pleases CLICK HERE to view the Draft Tasmanian Wild Fallow Deer Management Plan at the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) website.